Welcome to DashboardDocumentation
Welcome to our documentation regarding interactive Dashboards for demonstrators, machines and test benches. The following pages will provide a short overview regarding creation and maintenance of your dashboard. Feel free to use the search function for quick results and frequently asked questions.
If you are creating a dashboard, please inform us about that, such that we can add you to dashboards mailinglist
Getting started - Quickguide
Simple Dashboard - Quickstart
- Navigate to http://generator.dashboards.vfk.ipt.fraunhofer.de
- Enter a suitable name for your dashboard
- Select your preferred Gitlab instance (RWTH or Fraunhofer Gitlab)
- Push the "Generate"-Button
- After some minutes, you find your dashboard with the url https://dashboardname.dashboards.vfk.ipt.fraunhofer.de
- Go to your dashboard and use the "Edit" menu, to change contents
Advanced Dashboards - Create a GitLab-Account
Ensure that you already have access to the Fraunhofer GitLab or RWTH Aachen Gitlab (WZL users)
Advanced Dashboards - Cloning and your first Commit
Create your Dashboard the same way as a simple Dashboard.
Your new dashboard gets automatically pushed to your Gitlab instance. Clone it by clicking the "Clone"-button and copy the link to your preferred Git tool.
Please refer to the Getting Started section
- You find some guidelines, Dos and Don'ts in the Design Guidelines
- Additional Information about going from Simple to Advanced Dashboards can be found in the Expanding section
- Detailed information for the usage of IDEs like Visual Studio 2017/2019 and Visual Studio Code
- For integration of data and database systems, there is an overview in the Data integration Section
Please refer to the search function and the FAQs.
If your question is not answered yet, feel free to contact us directly.